sábado, 24 de septiembre de 2016

Tintin: The Castafiore emerald. Script

You can see the TV show here and here (second part)


The Castafiore emerald

Tintin: Look, Captain! The first magpie.

Captain: Yes. Spring is definitely here. The flowers are blooming, the birds are singing. Just fill your lungs with a sweet smell of the earth.

Tintin: Frankly, Captain. It doesn't smell that sweet to me.

Captain: You're right. No wonder. That's the town dump over there. Blistering barnacles! There's people camping there.

Tintin: They're gypsies.

Captain: How can they stand that stench?

Tintin: That sounds like a child crying. Oh, no. I think she's hurt.

Captain: Poor kid.

Tintin: Don't be afraid. You'll be all right. Come on. Let's find your mother.

Miarca: Mama!

Mama: Miarca!

Captain: Hello everybody!

Tintin: Hello!

Captain: We've found her in the Woods. She was hurt, so we brought her home.

Gypsie woman: You are a kind man. I'll tell you the fortune for you. Cross my palm with silver.

Captain: I don't believe in that stuff. Let go of my hand.

Gypsie woman: Woooooo!

Captain: What do you see?

Gypsie woman: I see a new car and a visit for a large foreign lady with blond hair and lots of jewellery. Oh! A terrible disaster!

Captain: What terrible disaster?

Gypsie woman: The jewels are gone... Vanished!

Captain: Gone? Where?

Gypsie woman: A little silver and I will tell you more.

Captain: Well. We're off, but take my advise and camp some place else. It's unhealthy here.

Gypsie man: Do you think we are here because we like it? You think we like living in all this filth. This is the only place the police would allow us to camp!

Captain: Blistering barnacles! I insist you in move at once. There's a big meadow over by Marlinspike hall. It's my property, so you can move there when ever you like. Okay?

Gypsie man: Thank you.

Calculus: Ah!

Tintin: Professor Calculus! Are you all right?

Calculus: Yes, indeed. I fell from quite a height

Captain: That confounded step! Néstor!!!

Néstor: Yes, sir?

Captain: Did you call the mason?

Néstor: Yes, sir. He promised to be here in the morning.

Tintin: You'll never guess who this letter is from.

Captain: I give up.

Tintin: Bianca Castafiore.

Captain: The dear old Milanese nightingale.

Tintin: She's arriving here today.

Captain: Castafiore? Here? Today? Ha, ha! You're joking.

Tintin: No, I'm serious. She needs a few day's rest. Here. Read for yourself.

Captain: Bla, bla, bla... Blistering blue barnacles! It's true! Catastrophe! Calamity!! Cataclysm!!!

Tintin: There's a Little PS for you.

Captain: "Kindness regards to Captain Bartok." Uuuh... Haddock!! Signor Castor Lee. Haddock!! Nestor!!

Nestor: Sir?

Captain: Pack my bags immediately. I must be out of the house in an hour.

Néstor: Yes, sir.

Captain: All hands on deck! Abandon ship!

Tintin: Where're you going?

Captain: Anywhere to get out that living ciclone's path.

Tintin: Captain! Are you all right?

Captain: Billions of blistering blue barnacles!

Tintin: Anything broken?

Captain: No, just help up.

Doctor: And you have a band spring there. You must keep off this for at least two weeks.

Captain: Two weeks? But I'm leaving today on a trip.

Doctor: Oh, out of the question you're lucky that leg isn't broken.

Captain: Yeah, real lucky.

Doctor: And my other advise is get that step fixed. Good day!

Captain: If this is luck, give me disaster.

Castafiore: Guess who!

Captain: Disaster!

Castafiore: My dear Captain Fastock. How too divine to see you again.

Captain: How did you get in?

Castafiore: Tintin let us in.

Tintin: Signora Castafiore arrived just as the doctor was leaving.

Castafiore: Misericordia! What has happened to you?

Captain: I sprained my ancle. Let us in? What do you mean "us"?

Castafiore: Why. Here are my maid who always travels with me and Igor Wagner, my accompanist, who obviously has to... accompany me.

Tintin: Signora, may I present ur friend Professor Cuthbert Calculus.

Castafiore: Oh, how absolutely thrilling to meet the man who makes all those daring in balloons.

Calculus: Signora, it is a real pleasure to meet so great an artist...

Castafiore: Oh! Ha, ha.

Calculus:... whose paintings are so delicately rendered, so harmonious, do landmarks in the history of art. I am deeply honored.

Castafiore: I... Irma, where is the little present for Captain Drydock?

Captain: Present?

Irma: Here it is, Signora.

Castafiore: Oh, thank you, Irma. I know an old soldier like yourself must often feel very lonely, so I brought this pretty polly to keep you company.

Captain: Blistering eardrums!! That is to say what a delightful surprise. Nothing could have given to me greater pleasure.

Castafiore: I knew it! I'm so delighted to be out of the mud social world. Peace and quiet at last! The reporters will be after me of course, but I'm travelling incognito.

Guy: So this is where Signora Castafiore stay.

Castafiore: No interviews, no photographers, nothing! His name is Jago; a compliment to Signor Verdi. You see: parrots have an unfailing instinct. They immediately recognize those who really love them. Oh, dear!

Captain: Cannibal! Bashi-bazouk! Vampire!!!

Parrot: Hello? Hello? I can hear you?

Castafiore: Oh, it's just a teeny-weenie bit sore. Irma!!! The first-aid kit, please.

Irma: Here's the first-aid kit, madam. And has madam forgotten this.

Castafiore: Misericordia! I did almost forget! For you, Tintin. A small token in the remembrance of our first meeting.

Tintin: Thank you, madam. Ah! Gounod's Faust!

Castafiore: Yes! The famous jewel song. Mercy! My jewels!

Irma: I've got them right here, madam.

Castafiore: Ah! I can breathe again. What would I do if I ever lost my fabulous jewels. They're irreplaceable. Especially this one. It is my absolute favourite. It was given to me by the Maharajá. He named it in my honour: the Castafiore emerald!

Nestor: I'm coming! I'm coming! Oh!

Gypsie: Hello! We are here.

Nestor: Gracious! Captain!

Tintin: Well, Snowy, we've managed to get them settled in, all right? Now what? Snowy! Hey! Stop! Too late! Now, why would they have been sneaking around the house? I don't like it, Snowy.

Castafiore: I'll lock my jewels in drawer, Irma. And I'll hide the key in this vase. Be sure you watch them very carefully. They're irreplaceable! IRMA!!!!

Tintin: What happened?

Castafiore: There! In my room! At the window! A monster!!

Tintin: Monster?

Castafiore: It was horrible!

Tintin: There's nothing here, Signora. Absolutely nothing.

Castafiore: But I'm sure what I tell you. I saw his eyes glittering like diamonds. Mercy! My jewels! Irma!

Irma: Your jewels are all here, madam.

Tintin: You must have been having a nightmare. You're quite safe here. Nothing will happen. I promise. I'll close your windows, so you don't have to worry. I wonder if those two men we chased yesterday could have had anything to do with Bianca's night visitor. Could somebody have climbed those vines? They couldn't support a man's weight. Well, well, well. Those are definitely a man's foot prints.

Parrot: Rrrrring!

Captain: Miserable bird!

Parrot: I can hear you!

Tintin: So, how's the foot today, Captain?

Captain: Oh, just peachy. Thanks. Oh! Hello? Yes, speaking. Paris Flash International. An interview? I'm very flattered, gladly... Uh? With Signora Castafiore? Oh, well. I'm sorry, she doesn't want to do any interviews right now.

Castafiore: Ah, Captain. Hello? Paris Flash? Quite, of course. I'll be delighted. Tomorrow? Fine. I look forward to seeing you. Ciao!

Captain: I thought you said you weren't do any interviews.

Castafiore: Ah! But the Paris Flash... The Paris Flash is well. The Paris Flash, not like that rag Il tempo. Not a flickeriby respect for an artist. But this is unimportant. Now, I must practice with Wagner. Bye, bye.

Guy: It's no good. She's doing her exercises. We'll have to wait. Look out!

Captain: Free! Ah! Peace at last! There's old Cuthbert, pruning his roses. How are your roses getting along?

Calculus: Have a little secret to tell you. I've just succeeded in growing an entirely new variety of rose.

Captain: Splendid!

Calculus: No, no! They are White and guess what I them.

Captain: Eh... I give up. What?

Calculus: That's it! Bianca! Which means white in Italian.

Captain: Who on earth are they and what are they doing here?

Calculus: Yes, yes. Bianca, like our delightful guest.

Captain: I wonder what they're up to.

Calculus: But you won't free the word, will you? It's a surprise.

Castafiore: Oh! There you are, Captain Hammock. I'd like you to meet Christopher Willoughby-Drupe and Marco Rizotto from the Paris Flash. Captain, when are you going to stop wearing that shapeless old jersey and that hair. You look like a scruffy little schoolboy.

Marco: Here we go. Thanks! I think we have all we need.

Castafiore: Very well. We'll see you at lunch. We can take a nice quiet walk, Captain.

Christopher: Are you thinking what I am thinking?

Marco: I sure am. This could be a sensation, but we need confirmation.

Marco: That's Professor Calculus over there.

Christopher: Good morning Professor. We're from the Paris Flash. My card.

Calculus: Uhm... Reporters. They know about my rose.

Christopher: Tell me, Professor, off the records, of course: is there something going on between La Castafiore and Captain Haddock?

Calculus: The Captain told you, didn't he?

Christopher: Well, yes and no.

Calculus: He promised not to tell. It's a secret.

Christopher: Oh, naturally, but how son  will it be?

Calculus: It all depends on the wheather, of course. But they could be ready in three weeks or so.

Nestor: The mail, Sir.

Captain: What's all this?

Néstor: Get-well cards, no doubt, sir, and the Paris Flash sent us a complimentary copy of their magazine.

Captain: Now, what does this mean? Read that, will you? And tell me if it makes any sense for you.

Tintin: Hardiest congratulations, Captain Chester.

Captain: Congratulations for what?? I just don't... What?? Have a look at that! Exclusive: Milanese nightingale Bianca Castafiore to marry all sold. Filibusters!

Calculus: Congratulations my dear friend! Good news!

Castafiore: h, Captain! Have you seen the marvelous article the Paris Flash did on me?

Captain: You call that a marvelous article? I call it preposterous..., outrageous!

Castafiore: Oh, this isn't the first time, you know. They're always predicting I'm about to marry the most imposible people.

Captain: Well, it's the first time for me and I... Hello. Yes. That's right. Television? Here? No! Leave me alone!!

Castafiore: Misericordia! Alo? Yes. Why! Of course, with pleasure, fine.

Guy: You can lock the ceiling with that flood.

Reporter: You see, madam. We'll be filming this and recording for television at the same time. It's tricky, but we're sure it should go quite smoothly.

Guy: Ok. Get ready for a voice test. Take up the mic, Jim, it's in the shot!

Tintin: Strange... I don't remember that photographer coming with the TV crew.

Guy: Ok, let's do it!

Director: Roll camera.

Assistant: Castafiore. Take one.

Director: Action!

Reporter: Ladies and gentlemen. Tonight we came to you live from Marlinspike Hall where we will have the pleasure of hearing the renowned Diva Bianca Castafiore. Justifiably named the Milanese Nightingale. Signora, I know our viewers would be overjoyed if you would sing your famous song from Faust.

Captain: No!

Castafiore: Right. Yes.

Captain: Emergency! Take cover! She's going to sing!

Parrot: Hello. I can hear you.

Director: Cut!

Castafiore: Madamina! It's Jago. Poor thing. He's gotten lost. Oh!

Tintin: Hey! Who are you? Wait! Hey! Stop! It's not the photographer? Why he's hurry? Oh, the lights! What happened, Nestor?

Nestor: Just the fuse, sir.

Irma: Madam, oh, madam!

Castafiore: What is it, Irma? What's the matter?

Irma: Your jewels, madam. They're gone!

Tintin: All right! Nobody leaves! Nestor, call the police.

Photographer: I got it! I got it!

Guy: Good work, Gino. The boss will be pleased.

Tintin: Tell me: where was your photographer off in such a hurry?

Director: Our photographer? I thought Signora Castafiore brought him.

Tintin: Bingo! The jewels. Thomson and Thompson. What happened?

T&T: I was a little late applying the brakes. To be precise: you didn't break at all. But never mind that. We've been sent to protect Signora Castafiore and her jewels!

Tintin: You're a little late. The jewels have just been stolen.

T&T: No!

Tintin: Watch your step, There are cables all over the place.

T&T: Don't worry about us, Tintin. We know all what we want. Don't move anybody!

Tintin: Madam Castafiore, detectives Thomson and Thompson are here. Watch the cables.

Castafiore: Good evening, gentlemen.

T&T: First, Signora: can you set load the date of your jewels?

Castafiore: From my bedroom, upstairs. My jewels! My lovely jewels!

T&T: Have no fear, Signora. We'll find them: dead or alive. Now, you said your jewels were upstairs?

Castafiore: Yes! Locked in a drawer.... when I took the case out of the drawer...

T&T: Case? What case?

Castafiore: Why! The jewel case, of course. The one I... Misericordia! My jewel case! I sat down here and then I...

T&T: Oh!

Castafiore: There! What did I tell you. My jewels! The little darlings are safe. I could weep for joy. How silly of me! I completely forgot I brought them down here. How amusing! Don't you agree?

T&T: No, madam. Police business is never amusing. Quite so: not amusing. Good night!

Tintin: Detectives! Your hats! And watch out for the cables...

Captain: Blistering barnacles. Now what?

Castafiore: Just a look at that. That horrible rag of a magazine.

Tintin: What's wrong, madam?

Castafiore: Those cads from Il tempo have been spying on me. Taking my photograph without permission.

Tintin: So that's who the mysterious photographer was and I thought he was a jewel thief.

Captain: It would be a safer job.

Castafiore: Well! It's outrageous!! How dare they publish such an ugly photograph of me. I'll sue.

Captain: It was a pretty good shot of the bird.

Parrot: I can hear you. Rrrrring!

Captain: Thundering typhoons!

Castafiore: This is outrageous! This wretched stairs! I could have been very seriously hurt just now!

Captain: Blistering barnacles! I...

Castafiore: And such language, really, Captain.

Captain: I...

Castafiore: He would never hear such disgusting language from madam Castafiore. Misericordia!

Irma: Has anyone seen my little gold scissors?

Castafiore: Ha! Lost your scissors? Have you...

Irma: Well...

Castafiore: Well! Look for them! They didn't grow wings and fly away, did they?

Irma: No, madam...

Castafiore: Signor Wagner, where do you think you're going?

Wagner: Eh... Well... I...

Castafiore: This is not the time for us to roll in the country. As my accompanist I expect perfect technique. I want to hear you practising your scales all day long.

Wagner: Yes, Signora.

Castafiore: And I suggest you to get fix before someone gets hurt, Captain Hammock.

Captain: Hello? Is this the stone mason? Ah, Mrs. Bolt!

Mrs. Bolt: Oh, you're the man up at the home? Said he's stop by, did he? No, Mr. Bolt isn't here.

Mr. Bolt: Young people. Always in a hurry.

Irma: Oh, dear. I can't find my little gold scissors anywhere...

Miarka: Look! Are they pretty?

Gypsie: Where did you get those Miarka?

Miarka: I found them!

Castafiore: Ah!! Help! Help!

Tintin: What's the matter?

Castafiore: There was anyone in my room! I heard foot steps! Mercy! My jewels! Thank goodness. They're safe!

Tintin: The window was locked tight. You must had a bad dream. Go back to bed. There's nothing to worry about. We'd better look around, Snowy. Maybe there is an intruder on the state. That may explain the missing scissors. That must be coming from the gypsy camp. What haunting music! We'd better be getting back, Snowy. Ha, ha! An owl! Well, everything seems okay, Snowy. Let's go back in.

Castafiore: Ah!!

Tintin: Great snakes!

Castafiore: My emerald!

Tintin: Someone's tripped on the step again. Strange. No one here. And yet the piece of marble came loose allright.

Wagner: What's going on?

Tintin: I don't know. We'd better investigate.

Castafiore: My emerald! Oh! My emerald!

Tintin: What hapened, Signora?

Castafiore: The emerald that Maharajá gave me... Gone... Stolen... My emerald...

Tintin: Think back carefully, Signora. Are you sure you didn't misplace it?

Castafiore: No, no. I put my jewel case on the dressing table over there. I opened it to admire my treasure. Then I left the room for about 15 minutes ago. When I back the emerald was gone.

Tintin: It may have fallen down somewhere.

Castafiore: Impossible! It was inside the case!

Tintin: Oh! Snowy! Well, in that case I guess...

Wagner: Nothing here.

Tintin: I guess we'd better call the police. Nw, why would Wagner have fresh mud on his shoes if he was practicing his scales all morning? And I'd still like to know who just fell on that broken step.

T&T: In short: if the theft was committed by someone in the house, then there are six suspects: Irma, Wagner, Nestor, Calculus, Tintin and, of course, you Captain.

Captain: Are you suggesting...

T&T: Wait! Three of you can be ruled out. You, Captain, because you can't go upstairs in your wheel chair. Tintin was with you and Wagner, who was playing the piano in the marathon gallery.

Captain: Yeah. Same scales over and over and over again.

T&T: That leaves Irma, Nestor and Professor Calculus.

Captain: You must be out of yout mind.

T&T: If not, then who?

Tintin: Perhaps someone we haven't thought of or someone don't even know.

T&T: Perhaps. Meanwhile, with your permission, we'll question each of the suspect separately and in private. And furthermore.

Captain: If you insist I'll send Nestor in, but you're wasting your time.

T&T: Where're you at the moment of the crime?

Néstor: I was raking apart in the garden and Professor Calculus when I heard Signora Castafiore scream. I looked up at the windows and...

T&T: Aha! You admit you could see the windows from where you were.

Nestor: Certainly, sir. I dropped my rake and hastened towards the house.

T&T: Hasten then. Oh, hastened.

Néstor: Yes.

Irma: I was busy sewing in my room when I heard madam scream. I rushed into her room, just in time to catch her in my arms as she fainted.

T&T: Ah, but your maistress spent 15 minutes outside the room. You had time to enter her room, take the emerald and threw it down window to an accomplice. Say, Nestor, for example. Right! Admit it! Stop! Help!

Tintin: Irma! Stop! What's going on?

Irma: These beats have accused me of stealing madam's emerald.

Tintin: Did you really accuse her?

T&T:That is a  It's a police trick that sometimes works. After all, police work is a tricky business. Please, send in Calculus.

Tintin: Very well. But if I were you, I'd try a different approach this time.

T&T: And now, Professor, is it true that Nestor was near you when Signora Castafiore screamed?

Calculus: I've been told what happened and I'm heartbroken for the dear lady. Just look at my pendulum.

T&T: Aham... Well... To repeat more question.

Calculus: Exactly! It's swinging to the South-East. In fact, is pointing in the direction of the gypsy camp.

T&T: Gypsy camp? The gypsies are all feelings without a shadow of a doubt.

Tintin: You've not right to suspect them just because they're gypsies, you know?

T&T: Furthermore, I expect they bolted by now.

Tintin: I don't think so. Ah?

T&T: What's the matter?

Tintin: They have left! But they were here yesterday.

T&T: I told you so: they took the emerald and run. But they won't run far. The emerald must be here. The emerald's not here.

Gypsie: You see? Nothing. We are no thiefs.

T&T: Nevertheless, we're obligated to search every last caravan. Furthermore, the last caravan must be searched. Precisely.

Miarka: No! You can't come in here!

T&T: Aha! Now we've got you! Stop! Go! Stop it! How about this gold scissors? Where did they come from?

Miarka: I found them! They're mine!

T&T: Ha ha. Likely story. You stole them! They belong to Miss Irma. She reported the theft before we came here.

Miarka: I found them. Lying under a tall tree by the river.

T&T: Officer! This is stolen propriety. The emerald is bound to be near boy and there's the guilty party.

Tintin: I'm sure those gypsies are innocent.

Captain: Me too. But the scissors they found are not going to help.

Calculus: My dear friends, I have extraordinary news!

Tintin: Really?

Calculus: No! I've just invented the television set.

Captain: You old pioneer.

Calculus: Precisely in high-definition color too. An extraordinary picture. Better than the cinema.

Captain: But somebody's already invented television.

Calculus: Why! Certainly! I invite you all to a demonstration in my laboratory. I call it: "Super-Cuthbert color". Now, watch carefully! This is an historic moment.

Reporter: Today's news: police confirmed today that spectacular weekend

Captain: Thundering typhoons! What a coincidence!

Castafiore: He's talking about me!

Calculus: The picture isn't too clear. Better?

Captain: The sound. The sound!

Calculus: Good, isn't it. But how's this?

Captain: No! The sound!

Reporter: ... Diva Bianca Castafiore is currently a guest at Marlinspike Hall.

Castafiore: That's not me, is it? How ghastly!

Reporter: ... with her, of course, is her famous and exotic collection of jewelry. The most unusual of which is the emerald. Now missing and presumed stolen. Our on-the-scene reporter spoke to the detectives in charge of the case and send this report: "yes, it's obviously that the gypsies who are camping on the grounds are guilty. We've searched their caravans and not only found a pair of stolen scissors, but also a trained monkey. Now, this robbery could only have been committed by a smal agile creature capable of climbing up the wall of the house. We'd brought the monkey here for questioning, but he's not talking."

Captain: Enough!

Castafiore: Misericordia! Stop!

Calculus: Of course, it still needs a little work.

Tintin: Snowy, I can't believe those gypsies are guilty, but if they didn't steal the emerald, who did? Oh, Snowy. Well, well. Mister Wagner must have the day off. That's funny. Who's playing the piano? What did you found, Snowy? Good boy! A ladder! Great snakes! A tape recorder! You're going to have some explaining to do, Mr. Wagner. So, the ladder falls right back in place. Go and hide, Snowy. It won't be long now. Can I give you a hand, Mr. Wagner?

Wagner: No, thanks. I can manage. I... I do this for the exercises... Original, don't you think?

Tintin: Very. And how do you explain the tape recorder in the piano?

Wagner: Look. Please, don't tell Signora Castafiore. I can explain.

Tintin: Now explain.

Wagner: I'm a gambler, you see, and I go to the village every day to place my bets.

Tintin: But you weren't in the village when the emerald were stolen, where're you? It was you falling down the stairs that day, wasn't it?

Wagner: Yes, I was up in the attic and on my way back down I fell.

Tintin: What were you doing up in the attic?

Wagner: I thought I heard someone walking around up there, so I went to investigate.

Tintin: Madam Castafiore heard them too, but because she half-asleep she thought someone was in her room. Why didn't you tell us?

Wagner: I wasn't sure. It could have been a false alarm. I never find anything.

Tintin: One last point. I found your foot prints under Signora's window.

Wagner: Very likely. I wanted to make sure no one could climb up on the ivy.

Tintin: Well, that explains everything, except de foot steps in the attic. Shhh, Snowy. Listen! An owl! Well, Snowy. We've solved the mistery of Bianca's monster. But we're still no closer to the jewel thief. Why, Captain! You're up!

Captain: Yes! The doctor just left. He took off the cast.

Tintin: Captain! Professor! Professor!!

Calculus: See you soon, doctor.

Castafiore: Captain Bangkok, what happened?

Captain: It was the wheel chair.

Castafiore: I have some bad news for you.

Captain: You have bad news?

Castafiore: Yes, I must leave tomorrow. They're clamoring for me at La Scala in Milan to do a Rossini opera.

Captain: I'm terrible upset... Shattered! Are you sure you can't stay?

Castafiore: I know you would like me to stay, Captain, but, alas, I've made my reservations.

Captain: Yeheee! Oh, happy day!

Castafiore: What was that, Captain?

Captain: Oh, happy day, my Wheel chairs gone away!

Castafiore: Good by, my dear Captain Hatbox. It greaves me to leave you, but Rossini calls!

Tintin: What opera will you be singing?

Castafiore: La gazza ladra, a magnificent role. Thank you again, I'll be back son, I promise. And my poor emerald, let me know at once if you hear anything.

Captain: Of course!

Calculus: Dear lady, I beg you to accept this humble roses, the first of a new variety I have created and have named "Bianca".

Castafiore: What a sweet idea! They're exquisite! And what parfum! Dear Professor, let me kiss you. Arrivederci!

All: Good bye!

Calculus: Come back soon!

Tintin: Wait a minute! That opera! La gazza ladra! I've got it!

Captain: What do you mean? Be careful!

Tintin: Aha! Two bits of glass, a marble and... the emerald! I've got it!

Captain: Wonderful, Tintin! You're a genious!

Tintin: There you are, gentlemen. Now, all we have to do is return the gem to Signora Castafiore.

T&T: Lovely, isn't it? Furthermore, it's really... That was closed! It could happen to anyone!

Tintin: Hang on this time.

T&T: Trust me.

Captain: Tintin, what made you guess the magpie had it?

Tintin: The name of the opera: La gazza ladra.

Captain: What about it?

Tintin: La gazza ladra means The thieving magpie. Magpies would pick up anything that sparkles or shines, like a pair of gold scissors or an emerald. I knew that was a magpie around here. Then, when Miarka mentioned the tall tree by the brook and magpies only nest in the tallest trees, the rest was simple. The scissors must have been fallen out of the nest.

Captain: Splendid. You've cleared the gypsies of any wrongdoing. Some apologizing to do, gentlemen?

T&T: Just our luck. The one time we managed to catch the culprits, they turn out to be innocent. How true! You think they'd done it on purpose?

Captain: Ha, ha! Look! That broken step has finally been mended, but the cement still wet. We can't walk on it for few days. You have to step over it, like this.

Nestor: Very well, sir.

Tintin: Aye-aye, Captain!

Captain: Hello, who's that?

Mason: I've just backed to tell you...

Captain: Ah, Mr. Bolt, you did a wonderful job on the step...

Mr. Bolt: I've just backed to remind you to keep off that step for a few days. Too bad, too. That was a lovely bit of marble, it was?

Captain: Blue blistering barnacles!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario