miércoles, 10 de julio de 2019

Tintin: Prisoners of the Sun. Script

You can see the chapter here.

Prisoners of the Sun. Script


Haddock: Just think: tomorrow we'll see old Cuthbert again.

Tintin: Uhmm… Yes.

Haddock: Why so glum? Things are looking up.

Tintin: I guess so. But I can't help feeling we're being watched.

Haddock: Aaaaah, enjoy yourself. Look around you! Amazing! Look at that! Look: a llama!

Peruvian: Be careful, señor...

Haddock: Why? Such a nice llama. Thundering typhoons.

Tintin: Come on, Captain. It's time to get back to the hotel.

Peruvian: When llama angry, señor, he always do that.

Haddock: Filthy animal!!! Blistering barnacles!! Those things shouldn't be allowed.

Tintin: There is the inspector! Thampson and Thomson.

T&T: Interpol has sent us to back up the inspector on this delicate misión. Precisely.

Haddock: And where's the Pachacamac?

T&T: Out there.

Peruvian inspector: Beside a little tug.

T&T: With the red funnel.

Haddock: Let's have a look at this. Ah! There she is! Thundering typhoons! Infectious decease on board!
Peruvian inspector: It would be imposible to search the ship until the port health authorities have her.

Tintin: Uhmmm, another convenient coincidence.

Haddock: Those doctors are taken for ever.

T&T: I say Captain: just what is this guano stuff?

Haddock: Guano? Uuuuh… How shall I put it? I... uuuh, well there's a free sample of it.

Tintin: Captain! Look! A new flag!

Haddock: Quarantined!!

T&T: We won't be able to board her for days! Maybe weeks…

Haddock: You can't do this, Tintin… It may be colera, the plague, yellow fever…

Tintin: I think they know we're on to them and I'd bet every men in that ship is as healthy as you and me.

Haddock: Well… What about the sharks then?

Tintin: Nuts to the sharks! Okay, stop: this is close enough. Be a good boy, Snowy.

Haddock: Good luck, lad.

Sailor: Qué pasa ahí abajo? Qué ha pasado, Chiquito?

Chiquito: No es nada. Debe [de] ser el gato.

Tintin: Phew… He's going back to his cabin.

Calculus: Excuse me... a little further to the West... to the West...

Tintin: Professor Calculus! Professor, wake up! Professor! The mummy's bracelet!

Chiquito: Sí! The bracelet of Rascar Capac.

Tintin: What do you want with poor Calculus?

Chiquito: You're friend has done the secret bracelet of the Incas... That is sacrilege! The punishment for that is dead! Alonso!

Tintin: No!

Alonso: Hey! You there! Stop!

Chiquito: Little devil! You'll pay for this!

Haddock: Iconoclasts! Pirates! Guano-gatherers! Murderers! Whoaaaa!

Tintin: Let's get out of here! Professor Calculus' life is in danger, Captain! We've got to get help! You'll alert the police I'll stay here and watch the ship.

Haddock: At last! Come on! Come on!

Officer: Síííííí?

Haddock: Thundering typhons! Get me the chief inspector.

Officer: He's asleep, señor.

Haddock: Then wake him! This is urgent! Blistering… He hang up.

Tintin: Oh, oh... Somebody's coming ashore.

Haddock: Blue blistering barnacles… I can't stand here all night.

T&T: Oh, you going to answer it. Certainly no. I'm asleep. You can't be asleep… You're talking to me! You know, very well, then I'm talking asleep. Lazy bones… Next time it's your turn!

Haddock: Thomson? And about time too.

Tintin: Great snakes! They're carrying somebody ashore. It's got to be the Professor.

Haddock: Tintin!

T&T: Tintin!

Haddock: No use shouting ourselves. Tintin is gone. Let's try to pick up his tracks.

T&T: It's like looking a needle in a haystack. To be precise: we look like needles in a... Isn't this the Professor's pendulum? Without a shadow of a lout… Eeeh… Shadow of a doubt. Hey, over here! Look at this footprints. Several men with llamas. Question is which way did they go?

T&T: Oh, I know. Nothing simpler.

Haddock: Cuthbert's pendulum!

T&T: Spot-on and this wee utensil is going to lead us directly to its owner. Dowsing is a question of having the right touch. See? The pendulum is pointing South. Then South we must go!

Haddock: If you don't mind, I'm heading North.

T&T: Suit yourself. I'd better go and investigate. That is to say: we'd better go and investigate.

Haddock: And keep your eyes open!

T&T: Never you mind! They're open. To be precise: they're…

Haddock: Excuse me, son. Have you seen a Young lad with a little white dog?

Tintin: Yes, indeed, and I know him well.

Haddock: Tintin! Snowy! What about Cuthbert?

Tintin: We haven't got a moment to lose. I overheard the kidnappers say they were heading for. If we hurry, we just may catch up to them by train.

Haddock: What a mob! This train is going to be crammed.

Huscar: Have a good trip, señores.

Haddock: Thundering typhoons! That's odd. There's no another soul in this carriage. We're alone.

Tintin: Strange… We must be pretty high up. We've been climbing steadily for hours. Hello? We're slowing down. We must be coming to a station. What? Oh, no! Captain! Our section has been unhooked!

Haddock: What? Blistering barnacles!

Tintin: Quick! Jump!

Haddock: Jump?

Tintin: Snowy! Snowy! Come one! We're going too fast! A lever! This is our only chance! Snowy! Oh, good boy! We can thank our lucky stars we got out that. I wonder what's become of the Captain.

Haddock: I wonder what's become of Tintin. Hey! Stop! Arreter!

Man: Thank goodness you're safe. Such an unfortunate accident.

Tintin: That was not accident. We must get to as fast as posible. Well, not much help from the police chief. He seem to be afraid even talk to us. Let's split up and question some of the locals.

Haddock: Right. His name is Calculus: a short man with a little beard… Wearing glasses.

Local 1: No sé.

Tintin: About this high.

Local 2: No sé.

Haddock: Had a little beard.

Local 3: No sé.

Tintin: With spectacles.

Haddock: "No sé", "no sé"... Blistering barnacles!

Tintin: They all seem to be afraid… One last try. That Young orange seller. The bullies…

Bully 1: Hurry up. Clean up that mess, kid.

Tintin: Aren't you ashamed? Bullying a child like that.

Bully 1: Why you…

Bully 2: Go for him, Pedro.

Bully 1: Young swine.. You little rat. Stand still, smart guy.

Bully 2: Wait, you little…

Tintin: Good boy, Snowy! Well, I'm no further ahead.

Zorrino: Psss, señor.

Tintin: What? Who...

Zorrino: Please, be quiet, señor. Pretend to tie your shoelace. I know where you can find the man you're looking for. Tomorrow at dawn come to the bridge of the Inca. You go now. It is dangerous for me to be here.

Tintin: I just hope it's not a tramp.

Huscar: You listen, señor. I see you helped Indian boy. You are brave, but you not go in search of your friend. It's too late for him.

Tintin: Look! I don't know who you are, but I tell you: I would never abandon a friend.

Huscar: That is foolish! But take this… It may sabe your life.

Haddock: So, where is this guy of yours?

Tintin: It's the little orange seller! So it was you!

Zorrino: Don't make noise. If indian see us, they'll kill us! You come now. You wait here.

Haddock: I don't like this. Thundering typhoons. Not another pair of perambulating fire pomps…

Zorrino: Llamas very gentle, señor. You not be afraid.

Haddock: Afraid? Me? You miserable iconoclast!

Zorrino: Don't hit, señor... When llama angry…

Haddock: I know… he always do that… Blistering barnacles!

Tintin: You know? We don't even know your name?

Zorrino: Zorrino, señor.

Tintin: Well, Zorrino, you can tell me now: where's our friend?

Zorrino: He's taking to the Inca. The Inca? I thought last of the Incas died four hundred years ago.

Zorrino: Many thing you not know.

Tintin: Where is this Inca then?

Zorrino: The temple of the sun, señor. Your friend is prisoner of the sun god.

Tintin: Temple of the sun? Sun god?

Zorrino: There is . We spend the night there.

Tintin: Good night, Captain. Make sure you wake me for my watch.

Haddock: I will. Sleep well you too.

Tintin: Good night, Zorrino.

Zorrino: Good night, señor Tintin.

Calculus: Amazing! An Inca plant in bloom!

Tintin: Excuse me, señor Inca. Have you a licence for that gun?

Haddock: Licence? Licence?!

Bad gy: Sacrilege! Sacrilege!! The fire of heaven will strike you down!

Tintin: Good heavens! They let me sleep on. Captain! Captain!! Zorrino?? Great snakes, where they can be? Captain? What have you found, Snowy? What's going on? What's happen to you?

Haddock: Cut the cackle and get me out of this before I go crazy. Hurry! Billions of blue blistering barnacles! Got it! This miserable reptile has spent the night waltzing along my spine.

Tintin: Well, who ever they are they got our llamas, our supplies, our guns and they've got Zorrino. But ther'es one thing they missed… Zorrino's hat! Snowy! Snowy! Here, boy! It's up to you now, Snowy. Find Zorrino, Snowy. Find him. Come on! After him!

Haddock: Hey! Not so fast, you mountain goat!

Tintin: There they are! They'll pass directly below us, if we take a shortcut down on the cliff we can surprise them. Snowy, stay here.

Haddock: More likely we'll break our necks.

Tintin: Better find another way, Captain. This is very steep.

Haddock: Blistering typhoons.

Man 1: Dont' move.

Tintin: Captain...

Man 2: Qué pasa?

Man 1: You tell us: where is your friend?

Haddock: No sé.

Man 1: Tell us or die.

Haddock: Well, what do you know. He's right behind you.

Man 1: You not joke.

Tintin: No joke, hands up!

Haddock: I'll take that.

Tintin: Untie Zorrino, Captain. I'll keep an eye on them.

Haddock: Good to see you, little one.

Zorrino: Thank you, my friends! Señor, look out!!

Haddock and Zorrino: Hurray!!

Haddock: Thundering typhoons…

Tintin: And anyone who crosses our path again is a dead duck.

Haddock: You just wait.

Zorrino: Thank you for sabe me, señor Tintin.

Tintin: We wouldn't abandon you, Zorrino.

Zorrino: But where's Snowy? Snowy! I have news of your friend, señores.

Tintin: Professor Calculus? I heared Indians talking. They're only about a half day ahead of us. Maybe we catch them soon if we hurry.

Tintin: That's good news, Zorrino. Let's get going!

Haddock: You sure we can't do it without these cushion footed ruminants?

Zorrino: Oh, no, señor. Llamas very helpful. Very gentle señor. You try to be friends. You see.

Haddock: Blistering barnacles!

Tintin: Okay, Snowy. We are coming. We're coming! Snowy!!!

Zorrino: Condor has takn him

Tintin: He'll be eaten alive! Maybe I can scare it off. There! Snowy is safe by the time being, but I have to work fast.

Haddock: What're you going to do?

Tintin: I'm going to get Snowy down from there.

Haddock: Be careful!

Tintin: Snowy! I hope he's okay. Snowy! Well, hello to you too.

Haddock: Is he okay?

Tintin: Now, hold still. Heads up!

Haddock: Blistering typhoons! The condor is back!! Look out, Tintin!!

Tintin: Hey! No! Hang on, Snowy!

Haddock: Tintin! Tintin!! Are you okay? Blistering barnacles…

T&T: How peculiar... Pendulum says that they are somewhere high up.

Haddock: Blistering barnacles! Blue blistering barnacles!!

T&T: How peculiar. Yes. Quite.

Haddock: Snowy… Leave me alone.

Tintin: We'll have to try and cross, it's our only chance.

Haddock: Give me the rope, Zorrino. Here goes. Now, who's first?

Zorrino: I go first to show rope very strong.

Haddock: He's got guts that boy. Thundering typhoons. You need a cool head for this. Ups, my hat!

Tintin: For heaven's sake, Captain, forget your hat!

Haddock: Not in your life.This hat means a lot for me. Okey! Come on!

Tintin: Our turn, Snowy. Hang on, Snowy: we're nearly there.

Haddock: Tintin! Tintin!!

Zorrino: Captain... Tintin not dead… Is he, Captain?

Haddock: My poor Zorrino, Tintin is gone. We'll never see him again… Ever…

Tintin: Hey! Captain! Zorrino!

Haddock: What? That voice! I must be dreaming. It can't be.

Tintin: Captain! I'm behind the waterfall! Throw me a rope. Hang on, Tintin. Here it comes!

Tintin: Got it! Come on in.

Haddock: In there?

Tintin: Yes, in here. You have to see this.Don't worry: it's only a thin curtain of water.

Haddock: If you say so. Blistering barnacles!

Tintin: Remarkable, isn't it?

Haddock: Where are we? Incredible.

Tintin: Come on, Zorrino. Zorrino!

Zorrino: Oh, Tintin.

Tintin: What do you think, Captain? I would say we've stumbled into some long-forgotten entrance to the temple of the sun.

Haddock: It'll be dark as the belly of a whale in there.

Tintin: No, I had a look. The rock is some sort of phosphorescent mineral that actually gives off light. I have a hunch we're not far from Professor Calculus. Looks like a dead end. I think Snowy has found something.

Haddock: Where're you going?

Tintin: Good boy, Snowy. Wow! Inca mummies! This must be some kind of tomb. If I'm not mistaken, Snowy, this looks like it could be a secret doorway.

Zorrino: Tintin.

Haddock: Blistering barnacles. Give me a hand. Now, where the devil are... Who's that?

Tintin: Look, Captain. Help me give this slab a push.

Haddock: Right here. I sure don't feel like hanging about in here. I don't think I like the company.

All: One, two, three…

Haddock: It moved! And again. One, two, three!

Prince of the Sun: Sacrilege! Siege them!

Haddock: Sea-gherkins! Ectoplasms! Poltroons! Terrorists!

Tintin: Don't cry, Zorrino. We'll get out of this, you'll see. Oh, the medallion.

Huscar: But take this medallion, t may save your life.

Tintin: I wonder… Here, Zorrino. Take good care of this. It might come in handy.

Prince of the Sun: Strangers! You have violated the sacred temple. You must pay for this sacrilege. with your lives.

Haddock: Do you really think we'd let ourselves get massacred just like that? You tin headed tyrant?

Tintin: Noble prince of the Sun: we've never sought to commit sacrilege. We were simply looking for our friend, Professor Calculus.

Prince of the Sun: Your friend dare to wear the sacred bracelet of Rascar Capac. He too will be put to death.

Haddock: Blistering barnacles! You've no right to kill him. It's murder! Pure and simple!!

Prince of the Sun: But it is not we who will put you put to death. It is the Sun itself. Its rays will set alight your pyre. As for this young Indian who betray us, he will be sacrificed at once on the altar of the Sun god.

Haddock: Billions of blistering blue barnacles! Don't you dare touch a hair on this boy's head!

Tintin: Zorrino! The medallion!

Prince of the Sun: Where did you steal that, little viper!

Tintin: I not steal, Prince of the Sun, he... he gave me this medallion.

Huascar: I beg leave to speak. It is I, noble prince of the Sun, who gave the secret token to the young stranger.

Prince of the Sun: You, Huascar? A high priest of the Sun god? You gave this talisman to our enemy?

Huascar: I did so, because he showed great courage in defense one of our race. He is not our enemy, noble prince.

Prince of the Sun: Good Huascar, your action will save the young Indian, but the two strangers mut be sacrificed to the Sun. However, I will grant them one favor: they may choose the day and the hour when the raise of the sacred sun will light their pyre within the next thirty days. Let the strangers be taken away and confine them till tomorrow. The Prince of the Sun has spoken.

Haddock: Well, we're up to our necks this time. Thundering typhoons.

Tintin: Where did you find this newspaper?

Haddock: Have you forgotten? You told me to keep it to light a fire. Won't be needing it now. There'll be fire all right.

T&T: Now where are they? The pendulum saysthey're very low.

Tintin: Uhmm, now that's interesting. What's the date today? The fifteenth?

Haddock: Yes. If it makes any difference.

Tintin: Then tomorrow is the sixteenth! Eureka! We're saved!

Haddock: Thundering typhoons! What's the matter with you?

Tintin: I can't tell you now, but we'll be all right. The most important thing for you to do is trust me and do exactly as I say. You'll understand later.

Prince of the Sun: Well, strangers. Have you decided on the day and the hour of your death?

Tintin: Yes, noble Prince of the Sun. This very afternoon at precisely four o'clock. Today's my friend the Captain's birthday and I...

Haddock: Have you gone crazy? You know it isn't!

Tintin: Captain, you promised to trust me.

Prince of the Sun: Guards! Take them away. The ceremony will take place at the appointed hour.

Haddock: You were so keen to see us roasting on this barbecue, so here we are.

Tintin: Trust me, Captain. Captain! There! Calculus! After all the time we've spent searching for him!

Haddock: Now, we'll have all eternity with him in the ever after.

Calculus: Why, Captain! What a delightful surprise! How are you?

Haddock: Oh, just dandy, Cuthbert.

Calculus: And you too, my dear Tintin. But, tell me, what is all this performance? Where are we?

Tintin: We're with the Incas.

Calculus: Ah!! The cinema! Good. You must congratulate the director for me. What a clever historical reconstruction Look at those extras! So natural! Who would believe they're acting?

Prince of the Sun: Let the sacrifice begin.

Zorrino: No! You can't, you can't!

T&T: What are we doing here? According to the pendulum, they should be in a very hot spot.

Prince of the Sun: Oh, Pachacamac, lord of the day, maker of Earth, strike now with hine avenging rays.

Tintin: Oh, magnificent Sun, do not hear your son's prayers. Show all those presents that our death is not your desire

Prince of the Sun: Silence, dog! How dare you calling the Sun!

Tintin: Oh, supreme Pachacamac, if this sacrifice is not thy will, hide thy shining face from us.

Haddock: Poor Tintin, he's lost his mind… Blistering barnacles… What's happening? An eclipse! Ha ha ha! An eclipse!!

Calculus: No reason to panic, Captain, it's only an eclipse. That's all.

Prince of the Sun: Mercy! Mercy! I implore you: make the sun shone again. I will grant whatever you desire.

Tintin: My desire is that the curse of Rascar Capac be lifted from the seven explorers who came to your temple. They came seeking only knowledge of what they believe was a long-forgotten culture.

Prince of the Sun: So be it. You have my word.

Tintin: Oh, Sun, lord of the day, show mercy, I pray thee. Pity thy children and showthy light once more.

Prince of the Sun: By Pachacamac... The Sun obeys him! Quickly! Set them free!

Tintin: Your newspaper sabe us, Captain.

Haddock: Life is magnificent!

T&T: It definitely says they're getting bumped.

Prince of the Sun: These wax images enable me to maintain my spell over the men for whom you plead.

Tintin: But, what about the crystal balls? What were they for?

Prince of the Sun: They contain the mystic liquid obtained from cocoa which plunged the victim into a deep sleep. The perfect state for enchantment.

Tintin: Good bye, Zorrino. Your place is here now

Zorrino: Farewell, Tintin, my friend.

Prince of the Sun: Before you leave, noble strangers, I do have a favor to ask of you.

Tintin: I know what're you about to say, noble Prince of the Sun, and you need have no fears about that: I will never reveal to anyone the whereabouts of the temple of the Sun.

Haddock: Me too, I swear it. Me... My beard be barbecued if I breath so much as a word.

Calculus: I swear I will never again acting another film, however glittering the Hollywood contract.

Child of the Sun: Adiós, señor. Maybe the sunshine upon you.

Haddock: Hang on a second. Don't leave just yet. Nothing against you ersonally, but that pays a very old debt.

Tintin: Let's go home, Captain.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario